The finance department is responsible for delivering financial support and advice to the Governing Body, the localities and partnerships within NEW Devon CCG that commission services on behalf of the registered population of 900,000 within Devon.
We work closely with our social care partners in Plymouth City Council, Devon County Council and our providers to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare services within our commissioning budget of £1.1bn on behalf of our population.
The finance department is led by chief finance officer, Hugh Groves and supported by his senior finance team of locality chief finance officers, head of partnerships & QIPP and head of finance, reporting. The team is based across three sites; Windsor House in Plymouth, and County Hall and Newcourt House in Exeter.
Who we are
What we do
The main remit and functions of the CCG finance department are summarised below:
- Provide financial information
- Allocations of funds
- Financial strategy, planning and budgets
- Budgetary control and financial reporting
- Banking, processing and payment of invoices, debt recovery
- Annual report and accounts
- Financial risk assessment and management
- Information governance of financial data
- Audit – internal, external & audit & assurance committee
- Fraud and corruption
Useful linksWhat we spend and how we spend it Financial plan Annual budget Programme costs Financial audit reports Counter fraud Prime financial policies Better Care Fund Publication of sanctions
Phone: 01392 205205