Health and care organisations as well as local authorities across Devon have been working together to create the shared five-year vision to meet the increasing health and care needs of the population - while ensuring services are sustainable and affordable.
The STP provides the framework within which detailed proposals for how services across Devon will develop - between now and 2020/21.
A key theme throughout the STP is an increased focus on preventing ill health and promoting peoples’ independence through the provision of more joined up services in or closer to peoples’ homes.
Seven priority areas have been identified as key programmes of work:
- Ill health prevention and early intervention
- Integrated care model
- Primary care
- Mental health and learning disabilities
- Acute hospital and specialist services
- Increasing service productivity
- Children and young people