NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group has agreed the following principles for patient and public engagement (PPE).
- Will meet its statutory duties to involve, engage and consult the public
- Expects to be accountable for the way in which it involves, engages and consults
- Believes responding to feedback from the public is as important as receiving it
- Believes in consistency and coherence in engagement but will vary its approach to reflect local circumstances and sensitivities
- Believes engagement must be authentic by operating within the context of financial and operational realities.
- Will support engagement infrastructure that the CCG can service within existing human and financial resources
- Will learn lessons from its engagement activity and respond accordingly
- Will coordinate all engagement activity across the CCG area
- Will ensure effective links between local arrangements and the PPEC to tap into wider networks and groups – beyond just health
- Will ensure that people who engage with the CCG are fully supported to do so