The Engagement Committees of NEW Devon CCG and South Devon and Torbay CCG are held in common.
The purpose of the committees in common is to oversee the engagement processes of both CCGs and provide assurance that engagement is carried out in line with the NHS Constitution, the Health and Social Care Act 2012 and the relevant national policy guidelines.
The engagement committee will:
- Assure the Governing Bodies of the effectiveness of the organisations' engagement and demonstrate that engagement is informing decisions made by the Governing Bodies.
- Assure the Governing Bodies that the organisation is commissioning in a way that ensures and supports the involvement of individuals in decisions about their own health and care.
- Support the implementation of the engagement and commissioning strategy of the CCG taking a whole commissioning cycle view and planning key engagement activities accordingly.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the platforms and techniques the CCG uses to engage with people.
- Discuss and plan effective ways of working with Healthwatch Devon, Torbay, Plymouth and Cornwall.
- Bring together centrally, issues and areas of success and learning from locality community representatives’ engagement.
- Assure and review the CCG’s annual engagement plans around engagement improvement based on issues and learning.
- Identifying and monitoring communications and engagement risks associated with the work brought to the committee.
These meetings are not held in public and public involvement is through representatives recruited to the role.