NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group has agreed the following principles for patient and public engagement (PPE).
1. will meet its statutory duties to involve, engage and consult the public
2. expects to be accountable for the way in which it involves, engages and consults
3. believes responding to feedback from the public is as important as receiving it
4. believes in consistency and coherence in engagement but will vary its approach to reflect local circumstances and sensitivities
5. believes engagement must be authentic by operating within the context of financial and operational realities.
6. will support engagement infrastructure that the CCG can service within existing human and financial resources
7. will learn lessons from its engagement activity and respond accordingly
8. will coordinate all engagement activity across the CCG area
9. will ensure effective links between local arrangements and the PPEC to tap into wider networks and groups – beyond just health
10. will ensure that people who engage with the CCG are fully supported to do so