From 1 April 2019, NHS Devon CCG will become a statutory organisation, with a membership of 131 GP practices across Devon, Plymouth and Torbay. It is formed from the two merged CCGs in Devon:
- NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CCG
- NHS South Devon and Torbay CCG.
The CCG is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of local people, with GPs and healthcare professionals at the forefront of commissioning services. Members of the governing body are key appointments for the group. These are high-profile positions and require outstanding individuals, who are recognised and respected by their peers.
Clinical Chair of the Governing Body
NHS Devon CCG offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lead the Governing Body as Clinical Chair.
With a passion for patients, the population and supporting the clinical voice in Devon, the individual should have an interest in shaping and further developing the CCG.
The chosen candidate will be a provider of primary medical services on the Devon performers list, working within the CCG area in a practice(s) with a registered list of patients – the majority of whom reside in the CCG area – or under a General Medical Services, Personal Medical Services or Alternative Provider Medical Services contract in Devon. Candidates should have a sound knowledge of the local community and of the population we serve.
As well as sharing responsibility with the other members for all aspects of the CCG Governing Body business, the Clinical Chair of the Governing Body will have specific responsibility for:
- Leading the Governing Body, ensuring it remains continuously able to discharge its duties and responsibilities as set out in the CCG‘s constitution;
- Building and developing the CCG‘s Governing Body and its individual members;
- Ensuring that the CCG has proper constitutional and governance arrangements in place;
- Ensuring that, through the appropriate support, information and evidence, the Governing Body is able to discharge its duties;
- Supporting the accountable officer in discharging the responsibilities of the organisation;
- Contributing to the building of a shared vision of the aims, values and culture of the organisation; and
- Leading and influencing clinical and organisational change to enable the CCG to deliver commissioning responsibilities.
The post holder will also ensure that the CCG builds and maintains effective relationships with the Devon Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP), drawing upon existing patient and public involvement expertise.
How to apply
Governing Body Clinical Chair - Information pack
Governing Body Clinical Chair - Person specification
Governing Body Clinical Chair - Application form
The role will be on a part-time basis, ideally averaging 24-hours per week, however, this will be considered during the recruitment process to ensure that candidates with the right skills and attributes are not excluded.
The remuneration will be commensurate with national guidance, subject to approval by Remuneration Committee.
Candidates are asked to apply for this position by completing and submitting the Governing Body eligibility and application form by email to email@example.com. Please note, CV applications will not be accepted.
Applications can be sent to:
Executive PA/Business Manager
NHS NEW Devon CCG and NHS South Devon and Torbay CCG
Old Rydon Lane
To request an application pack, or for an informal discussion, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.