NHS NEW Devon CCG has developed a quality and equality impact assessment (QEIA) tool.
The QEIA combines quality and equality impact assessments into one tool to assess and measure the potential impact of proposed service changes or reviews.
The core components of the tool are:
- Safety – Rating the impact of the proposal on patient safety
- Effectiveness – Rating the impact of the proposal on the clinical effectiveness of patient care
- Experience – Rating the impact of the proposal on the patient experience of care delivery
- Other impacts – Rating the impact of the proposal on other services, patient groups, staff or reputation of the organisation.
- Equality and diversity – Rating the impact on those in a specific group as outlined in the Equality Act 2010 and also including other hard to reach groups.